To do so, open the app, search for your phone, select ROM (your region) and download according to your phone’s current build version. You have successfully installed ROM on your Xiaomi smartphone using Mi Flash Tool. If you have any doubts while using the Mi Flash Tool, do let us know in the below comments. Most smartphones automatically make a backup in the background. But to make sure you take everything to your new device, you need a full backup.
- A. No, Mi Flash Tool is a Windows-only application that cannot be installed on a Mac or Linux system.
- If it isn’t specified and you aren’t sure which version to use, always go with the most recent.
- We personally suggest using the ‘clean all’ option in such cases.
- Then your device should automatically boot to the new version.
If you carry a OnePlus device then this file is placed in payload.bin. There are many reasons why you want to bid adieu to TWRP in spite of the goodies that it offers. Firstly, many users out there are still using unofficial builds of the recovery. Ensure to install the right custom ROM on your Android phone. Do NOT proceed if the firmware is incompatible with your phone model number. A. Typically, the flashing process takes between 5 and 10 minutes. However, it could take a bit longer sometimes to reset your device.
If you have flashed a Global ROM to a previously Chinese ROM Xiaomi phone, or vice versa, relocking the bootloader will result in your phone Stock Firmware being bricked. The bootloader is responsible for ensuring the correct operating system is selected when you first power on a device.
- XiaoMiTool V2 will take care of most of the operations you would need to do, from when you connect the device to your pc until the desired rom or piece of software is installed.
- Now, all you need is the Mi Flash Tool for flashing and you can download it from here.
- Open updater app on your phone – Select the three dots from the top corner and choose the update package.
Read Me Once Stock Firmware process will affect your Xiaomi Redmi Pro phone data like images, videos, and files. We advise you before starting Flashing firmware you need to create a backup and save it in a safe location. Some devices like Redmi 4, Redmi 3S/ Prime, etc might get a screen like this, don’t worry. Select recovery from here, then click the blue button.